Followers

Friday, September 16, 2011

Lord Duck

This awesome image is from Ninecrane Designs.  I thought the image would lend itself to a collage type of card, I have never done one before, so hope that I have enough contrast between the additions.  The background paper has been in my stash for a long time.  The center of the clock, the hand, and the top Eiffel Tower were cut from the same page and popped up.  The key and the stamp in the right lower corner were from stamps from Inkadinkadoo, I popped them up as well.  The duck , key and some of the background were colored with Ranger Distress Inks.  A very different card for me, but I kind of like it.

The card is to be entered into CDAC's Progressive Challenge Series 3.  This is one of five images for the challenge.

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh WOW Jackie ... this is FABULOUS!!! If this is your first time doing this style ... your next one will be 'off the charts!' I love vintage and I LOVE THIS COLLAGE! GREAT job!
Thanks for joining our Round #3 challenge fun at CDAC!!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow! You did an awesome job with this duck, Jackie.

Donna Moore said...

Jackie, you have knocked me off my chair! I love this card, what an amazing piece of art, wowzer! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
donna
cdacpc/DT

Unknown said...

I couldn't go past this amazing creative composition of images. Your collage is excellent and you've used one of my favourite quotes in your collection. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!' and I can't wait to see what else you come up with considering this is your first time trying this style of card. Well done Jackie. *Hugs*

Shelby said...

Jackie...you did an amazing job with this image as the design of your card! There is definitely enough definition between the elements. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Shelby

Anonymous said...

This is just an amazing card, I love your style and the way you have placed everything. I love the key you have added.
Brilliant card...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Veronica said...

Love your card! So vintagey! Great job!