Followers

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

For Justin


This great for a guy image is from D'Arcy's Diaries.  It is so hard to find guy images, but I shopped at D'Arcy's and got a couple, along with some girls of course.  This card is for my grandson Justin who is just turning 17.  The guy in the card looks like he has a lot on his mind, as Justin has had these last few weeks of his summer vacation.  Justin was drafted to play hockey for the Barrie Colts, an Ontario Hockey League Team.  This will mean that he will have to be billeted with a family in Barrie so that he can play hockey and go to school there to get his grade 12.  This is about 100k from where he lives now.
The image is colored with copics.  DP is from Teresa Collins, the tag from Me & my Big ideas.  The sentiment and the stickers Slammer and On The Ice  are from my stash.  I had fun making this card, hope you enjoy it.
I am entering this card into:  Darcy's Diaries Digi Challenge #11  -   Anything Goes

7 comments:

Clairebears said...

Oh what a lovely card and I love the story behind it - I hope your grandson gets on well in his new adventure :0) I think the boys images are perfect for the teenage boys as they aren't sickly sweet!
Thanks for sharing it with us at D'Arcys Diaries this time :0)
Love Clairebears x

Maritha said...

That is a great card for a boy!! =)

Thanks for joining us at D´Arsy´s this time
Hugs Maritha

Mavis Burnham said...

What a great card for Justin! I am actually looking forward to seeing him play hockey in my home town (Justin is a nephew).

Trine said...

Beautiful cards.
Thank you for joining us at D´Arsy´s this time and I hope you will join us again :)
Trine.

Jackie Scott said...

Thanks Mavis and I am sure Justin will pleased to see you at the games - he does love an audience!

Jill said...

What a fantastic boy card!
I think these images are just perfect for teenagers and you have made a wonderful card for your grandson :)
Thanks for sharing the sweet story behind and I wish Justin the very best on his new adventures :)
Thanks for joining us at D'Arcy's this time and I hope to see you again :)
Hugs, jill

gina g said...

Wow what a beauty this is for a boy and you've coloured it beautifully and the colours are fab too. Thanks for joining us at Darcy's Dairies this time. luv gina xx