Followers

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Coffee Break

A card especially for a friend that I have known for over 40 years!  We played softball together, and now, we golf to-gether.  I can't get her to make cards though!


I made this card based on a sketch from Feeling Sketchy which I followed quite closely, though I did choose to use several small flowers rather than one large one.


The digital image is from Lili of the Valley Ltd.  I think it is a very sweet image - two friends meeting for coffee.  I have colored the image with copics.  The designer papers I chose to use are from K&Company.
The sentiment was computer generated.  The small flowers are from Petaloo with rhinestones added to them.
Because of the sketch it went together quickly!

Have had my youngest grandson here this week, he is just over 2 years old and he does go to day care each day.  Tonight he helped me water the lawn and the garden as we have not had rain for a while. We had a lot of fun, but of course he ended up pretty wet, and was glad to get his jammies on for bed. His mom is working out of town this week and we are always so glad to have him come for a visit.  Hope you enjoyed your day!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Challenges for Everybody -  Anything Goes
Feeling Sketchy  -    Sketch
Rubys Rainbow  -   Food & Drink
One Crazy Stamper  -  Birthday
Desert Island Crafts   -  The letter B - B for Birthday - Blue - Blooms  -   WINNER
Lady Bug Crafts  -   Something Floral

14 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is so cute! Great colouring and I like how you've pulled the background colours into your little scene. LOTV are some of my fave images!

Cards by Sharyn said...

This is beautiful and the colours all work so well together. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

DebR said...

This is beautiful...great job.
Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

Basslady said...

a very lovely and adorable card!


thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Laura B said...

Very cute card! Thank you for playing along with our "B" List at DICC!:)

Mavis Burnham said...

Great friend card Jackie. I especially like the colours and the image is great. You have been busy.

Leanne said...

So pretty, love the colors! I really like this image, very cute! Thanks for playing our Birthday Challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Leanne DT OCS!

Julene Matthews said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is super cute, thanks for joining us at DICC. :)

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

Naomi said...

Beautiful card and the image is very cute. Love your use of smaller flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy :)

Dani art 4 U said...

Sweet card Jackie, thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy xo

DebiJ said...

Thank you for joining in with us at Feeling Sketchy with this wonderful card for your friend! Beautiful colours & image.
How lovely your friendship still continues..& I think she might like receiving your cards, rather than making them herself!

Helen said...

Such a sweet image. Thanks for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow for our Food and/or Drink challenge

Hugs Helen xx