Followers

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Butterflies

We have actually had a few days this week, that you didn't mind going outside. The sun was out, warmer, the breeze is still cold but no more snow.  Went to a birthday party tonight for a friend of mine and took this card.  Wish I had checked the pictures that I took a little closer, because they didn't seem to be in focus.
Just checked and the camera is on the setting I usually use, but I did drop it a few weeks ago, so maybe there was some damage or maybe I wasn't holding it very steady.  I always seem to working on something I should have done last week.

The image of the pretty butterflies is from Priscilla Styles, CDAC.  I printed them and then embossed them in gold on Transparency Film. Cut around them and then placed coloured card stock underneath.  I added some lace, some pearls and a sentiment from my stash to the lower part of the card. An popped up the flower that was printed on the top of the DP.  The designer cardstock was all from DCWV.


Had fun at the party with friends I had not seen for quite some time.  The family did all the cooking a beautiful prime rib dinner with all the trimmings and way too much desert!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks    Use Polka Dots
Challenges 4 Everybody   Anything Goes
Fairy Tale                         Butterflies
Natalie and Amy               Embossing
Paper Crafting Journey      For that Special Lady

10 comments:

loz said...

Gorgeous spring card jackie..Loz

Unknown said...

Love this gorgeous card and butterfly.xxx

Unknown said...

Love this gorgeous card and butterfly.xxx

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Jackie! Love the way you did the butterflies. They just pop off the card.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The butterflies look so beautiful in gold!! They just pop against the pretty pink background!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Angela Westland Australia said...

Absolutely love your project and your lovely Gold Butterflies. Awesome! The design is fabulous, You have done a wonderful job with it. Just love it!

Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. You can enter 3 projects with us for each challenge. Good Luck! Ange DT xxoo

I am already a follower of your blog and would love you to join my blog as a follower too.

I have some beautiful Sherri Baldy dies on my blog I'm giving away as Candy, once you join my blog you will be included in the draw.

Happy Crafting! Ange xxoo

http://angetreasures.blogspot.com.au/

Jenny said...

Ein wirklich schönes Kärtchen in tollen zarten Farben. Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. LG Jenny

Leanne said...

Pretty butterflies, and nicely done so awesome, like they are flying off the paper. Thanks for playing our Polka Dot challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, awesome job!

Leanne DT@4CC

Mavis Burnham said...

What a great way to emboss the pretty butterflies. Pretty paper choice too.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful butterflies, they make a fabulous card.
luv
Debby