Followers

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fairy Wishes

Few weeks since I last posted.  Our weather is getting better don't mind going outside the last few days.  Hubby managed to fracture two vertebrae in his back a few weeks ago and was in great pain for a couple of weeks, but with medication it is not so bad now, and he has managed to go to Wellness House today.  He usually goes once a week, but had a few weeks off.  Anyway while this was going on I seemed to have lost my mojo.  I did take time most days to stop by quite a few blogs to make comments - I always see such great awesome work from fellow card makers.

Finally got busy and made a card for my sister.  The image is from Fitztown, and I think she is lovely!  I have coloured the background with copics and have paper pieced her dress and wings.  Have added micro sized gold beads to the centres of the yellow flowers and Rock Candy Stickles and glamour dust to her wings.  For embellishments I simply added a velvet ribbon and a small butterfly from my stash. Sentiment computer generated.


I should mention that the large flowers were coloured with pink copics before I decided to paper piece them, they were just too pink and I decided to cover them.  And then it was a toss up a purple dress that I had cut out or the pink one that I ended up with.    Such big decisions!

This is a close up of the image:


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Card Makin Mamas      Photo (flowers & colours) DT pick
Crafting by Design         Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps              Spring Flowers
Hiding in My Craftroom    Anything Goes
Inky Chicks                    Butterflies
The East Wind                Use a Sentiment
Digi Stamps 4 Joy           Add Wings


12 comments:

Diane said...

Fabulous design, wow the coloring and pretty wings turned out wonderful.

Hugs diane

Unknown said...

STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS. wow factor. loving this image and way yu coloured her....take care my friend.xx

loz said...

Gorgeous card and the image is Beautiful Jackie..Loz

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Jackie.
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! What a beautiful image!! The sparkly wings look fabulous!! What a stunning card!! Your sister will adore it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

This is stunning thanks for joining us at ds4j and good luck

Bonnie Irvine said...

All of your big decisions paid off because your card is lovely! I really like the colour scheme you settled on and the simple embellishments. The wings are spectacular. Thanks for joining our Add a Sentiment challenge at The East Wind. I enjoyed visiting today.I hope your husband is on the mend.

Unknown said...

Thanks for making me a queen my friend, you always put a smile on my face....xxx

Mavis Burnham said...

Jackie, I love the way the card turned out. Great how there are so many ways to change up the various images. I am sure your sister appreciated all the work you did to create this beautiful card.

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous creation Jackie! I love everything you did with this card. Beautiful coloring, fabulous paper piecing, what a wonderful creation.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Digi Stamps 4 Joy!! Hope to see you again for the next challenge. Have a fantastic week!! Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

A beautiful creation full of vibrancy...great colour combo.Thanks so much for joining in our challenge.. {Digistamps4Joy DT Member} Annie

Riette said...

Beautiful wings card!! So sorry to hear about your hubby. That sounds really painful!

Thank you for sharing with us at Digistamps4joy
xxx
Riette, DT.